Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crazy, Crazy Day

I think the title says it all.

Finished packing and stuff on Friday night. Then, when my mom came home at eleven-thirty, we threw the last-minute stuff in boxes and hit the road. It was a twenty-minute drive to our new home (from Milton to Mississauga), and now we're in our new home! My mom and I spent most of the night moving boxes around together. You know, keeping kitchen things in the kitchen, taking all twenty+ of my boxes into our room... that kind thing. My dad got to sleep for a few hours since he had to get up and six-thirty and pick up the rest of our furniture (couches, hutch, armoir..) with his friend and bring them here.

When that was done my parents went back to the house to get our cats, since they didn't feel like cooperating when we wanted to leave. My oldest two, Smokey and Oliver, are here with us now. As mentioned in my previous post, Mickey could not come with us. My dad finally managed to get him in the box and take him to the shelter. I'm trying not to dwell too much on any of this.

So, I really like the apartment so far. The bathroom's huge, I'm sharing the master suite with my mom (computer's in my room!), we have a fireplace and a dishwasher now... It's very nice. The downfall is that it's freezing in here. It's only starting to warm up now. I managed to get a few hours of sleep between all the madness, but I should probably go back to bed room.

Now, onto more exciting things.

Bookmarked, my new book blog, is finished!! Yes, as soon as I finished dinner, I ran to the computer and got to work putting the finishing touches on it. It'll probably go through a few changes as I really start to use it, but it's fine for now. Also, I've already done my first review of a book I read last year. So, head on over to www.esbookmarked.blogspot.com to subscribe and let me know what you think. Okay?

xoxoxoxo,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment