Monday, January 4, 2010

To Write or Not to Write?

Lots of writing talk today.

First off, an update on my challenge word count. I'm currently at 1,301 words for "Oh, Baby!" The first day I got 698 words, 268 on the second, and 335 yesterday. I haven't written anything yet, but my goal is to write a thousand or so. I'll probably get about 500 but I have to try. Busy day.

In my last post I talked about the stories I'll be writing this year. Two of them were untitled. Well, I came up with a title for the Harry Potter fic. Temporary Youth. What do you think? I also thought of Temporary Childhood but I'm not sure. Any opinions on this are welcome.

I'm also here to talk about writing courses. I recently found out about one called 2YN. It's a two-year course and helps with writing and editing. It's done over the internet and sounds very good. The catch? This is the last year it's being offered free. Classes start on the eighth and I really don't know what to do. I'm already on hiatus from my other writing course. And I'm doing this six-novel challenge, and I'm moving, and I've got sites, and I have a life. Do I really want to torture myself by adding another responsibility to my plate?

Don't get me wrong, I really want to take the course. And I really don't want to pay for it when it starts up again next year. But can I handle it? Time management is not one of my strong suits. I get frazzled at least once a week. It could come from the smallest thing - spending too much time with family instead of writing, or role-playing with friends instead of doing dishes. Eventually I start to panic until I get balanced again. I have been getting better this past month, so maybe I should join?

Must go do chores and un-frazzle brain right now. I'll try to post again later tonight to update you on my word count. =)

Thanks for reading,
Lizzy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment